Latest updates: Oct 5, 2022
Sleep as AndroidSmart alarm
Track your sleep cycle and wake up gently with nature sounds in optimal phase
Table of contents
About this app
Android 6.0 and up
Sleep as Android: Smart alarm
Oct 24, 2010
Everyone, Users Interact
Oct 5, 2022
What's newWe are constantly improving this app with several updates monthly. Bringing timely fixes and new features you ask for. Detailed release notes at:
Sleep as Android is a swissknife tool for your sleep.
• Sleep cycle tracking with smart wake up uses your phone or any of the many supported wearables
(2 weeks premium trial, with a freemium mode afterward)
• Sonar: revolutionary contact-less ultrasonic sleep tracking (no need for phone in bed)
• Wearable tracking supports: Wear OS, Galaxy/Gear (Tizen), Garmin (ConnectIQ), Mi Band + Amazfit (via companion apps), Polar (H10, OH10, Senes), FitBit (Ionic, Sense, Versa), PineTime, Pebble
• Sleep Score: complete evaluation of your sleep's quality made of: deficit, regularity, efficiency, sleep phases, snoring, oxygenation (SPO2), heart rate variability (HRV)
• Reliable and feature-rich alarm including bi-weekly and shift work schedules
• Advanced AI-powered sound classification: Sleep talk recording, sickness detection, snoring detection and anti-snoring
• Sleep respiration analysis with low breath rate alarm
• Super reliable and super configurable alarms (check your OEM at https://dontkillmyapp.com)
• Trend charts, Goals for gradual improvement of your sleep and detailed advice on your sleep habits
• Bedtime reminder and irregularity tracking helps you keep regular sleep schedule (regular means healthy)
• Never oversleep again with CAPTCHA wake up verification (Math, Sheep counting, Phone shaking, Bathroom QR code or NFC tag)
• Health services sync: Google Fit, Samsung Health
• Gentle volume increasing nature sound alarms (birds, sea, storm...) and playlists
• Nature sound lullabies (whales, storm, sea, chants..) with binaural tones for fast fall asleep
• Spotify and online radio alarms and lullabies
• Sunrise wake-up with smart bulbs: Philips HUE, IKEA TRÅDFRI
• Complete automation with IFTTT, MQTT, Tasker or custom Webhooks
• Lucid dreaming: experiment with your sleep and consciousness
• Jet lag prevention for frequent travelers
• Lark or Owl?: Chronotype detection
• Focus on privacy
• Material YOU colors
See how we do contact-less sleep and breath tracking with Sonar
How we designed our neural networks for sleep sound classification
Watch our latest smartwatch integration progress
The app features a series of alarm tasks called CAPCTHA which make sure you do not oversleep. Completing tasks like sheep counting, math equations or scanning a bar-code on your toothpaste will make sure you are fully awake and ready for your morning.
To make sure you won't sleep through your duties the app may use an Accessibility Service to prevent you from force stopping the app or turning off the device (cheating) before completing the alarm tasks (CAPTCHA). No private information are collected.
This app may use the Device Administrator permission.
The reason is effective CAPTCHA (a feature to make sure you wake up in the morning) so you cannot avoid alarms by uninstalling the app during an alarm.
Sleep as Android is not intended for medical use, but instead to improve general fitness and well-being especially in terms of better sleep. Any oxygen saturation tracking is performed with compatible oximeter devices such as the TicWatch 3 Pro, BerryMed oximeters... more at https://docs.sleep.urbandroid.org/devices/wearables.html
Many thanks to our users for using and supporting this apps!